Also called: Service Blueprint Diagram
Why: Discover ways to streamline operations, enhance customer satisfaction, and deliver a seamless and consistent service
When: Use to design or refine service experiences or when seeking to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction
This workshop exercise is part of the Workshop Patterns printed card deck.
A collection of workshop exercises that will help you ditch dull meetings and facilitate with confidence. It will help you master the design process and have more productive time with your team. The card deck will be ready for purchase in the end of 2023 and is now undergoing rigorous testing.Reserve your deck!
- Choose the customer scenario you want to explore
- Review business goals (final outcome) and relevant user research.
- Build a Journey Map together, plotting in the actions a customer will take in chronological order
- Build out the map together. Plot processes, actors, support systems, and technologies that exist behind the scenes.
- Draw lines of interaction, where the customer interacts with your service or employees
- Draw lines of visibility, where your organizational processes become invisible to the customer
- Draw lines of internal action, where employees who don’t come in contact with the customer step in to support the service.
- Draw cross-functional relationships and dependencies that cross-cut steps in the map.
- Consider highlighting pain points for both the customer and the organization, what already works well, waiting points, repeats, change requirements, where new services are required, and what is specific to a region.
Tips to perfect this play
Master and adapt the play to fit your context and needs.
Tip: Shared understanding
Maps are for creating a shared understanding across disciplines – between you, your team, and your stakeholders. Invite everyone relevant.